Creamy Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
Cook time: 1h
Yield: 4 servings
Hot cheesy potatoes - a great crowd-pleaser and easy to make.
- 4 each large Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk, heated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bake the potatoes until fully cooked in oven or microwave oven. In the oven, plan on 40-50 minutes, unwrapped, at 450°F.
- Place the cheese and butter in a medium size bowl and add the hot milk. Stir to mix and melt the butter.
- Wait for potatoes to cool a little. Split the baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the hot potato flesh (reserving the skins) and mix and mash it with the milk and cheese mixture.
- Stuff the filling back into the potato shells and serve hot topped with cheese.
- Optional: bake in hot oven to crisp up the cheese before serving.
*NOTE: Potato skins have low-amounts of salicylates, so if you want to make this a very-low salicylate meal just eat the filling in these and avoid the potato skins.
This recipe was from SalicylateSensitivity.com, 2009.