Country Potatoes with Leeks
Prep time: 5
Cook time: 15
Yield: 4 servings
Easy quick stir-fry of potatoes and leeks that are low-medium in salicylates.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 4 baked or boiled peeled potatoes, cut into cubes
- Salt to taste
- Sauté the leek with the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat until the leek is soft.
- Add the garlic and potatoes and sauté another 10 minutes, being sure to turn the potatoes every few minutes.
- They are done once the potatoes are crispy and golden.
- Season with salt and serve warm.
This recipe was from SalicylateSensitivity.com, 2009. This recipe was formerly called "Home Fries with Leeks" but in the US, we generally called cubed/sauteed potatoes country potatoes.
There is a lot of variation with potatoes and leeks, which is why I marked it potentially moderate sals.
I prefer to use butter or lard instead of the oil.