There are currently no known research studies to post here. But I'm always hopeful!
- contact information
- a link to your organization
- a link to your recruiting website
- sponsor information
- City, State/Province, and Country
- study timeline
- summary of project
Please note there are no fees to list and this is a free service.
Brainstorm area for future research ideas
Community Science project?
Availability of foods and other products differ from place to place. What's common in one region is exotic in another. Since we're relying on so few tests, and those tailored to the region where they're conducted, that leaves many, many untested items. I'm wondering if it would be possible to organize an "army" of citizen scientists to follow specific protocols and test a far wider range of products/materials? I assume access to some fairly expensive equipment would be involved, so it may not be possible. But many counties/parishes here in the U.S. have community colleges that might have the equipment and may make it available. Would this be possible?
Factors that increase salicylate sensitivity in individuals?
- Is there a correlation between Closteridium dificile asymptomatic patients, or prior infections, and salicylate sensitivity?
- Is there a correlation between Helicobacter pylori asymptomatic patients, or prior infections, and salicylate sensitivity?
- Is there a correlation between pharmaceutical aspirin sensitivity, or salicylate sensitivity in foods, and low-stomach acid? Easy study comparing doctor visits with people who have acid-reflux, are on PPIs, or have similar gastric concerns and indicate they are sensitive to aspirin on their medical records.
- Does glycine supplementation help with salicylate removal in the body? If it converts salicylates into metabolites, are the metabolites still active offenders? (Hen plasma study).
Food and Product Testing
- In cooking studies: cook the food in water, measure the levels afterward in food and water, and for the missing values we would assume evaporation or breakdown of molecules. This could provide people more food options, by using boiling as a means of preparation. If levels remain high in water after cooking, recipes like soup could be avoided compared to boiling a vegetable and draining off the cooking liquid.
- Same study as above, but with deep frying in oil.