Kirkman Labs Folinic Acid (calcium folinate) 800mcg
Contributed by low-sal-life community member in: USA
Thoughts from Low-sal-life
I have the MTHFR methylation issue related to B-vitamins, especially folate. When I tried substituting folic acid (not recommended) with methlyfolate, I got heart palpitations and didn't do very well with it. After having my doctor run some genetic testing, the report recommended that folinic acid would be the best option for folate for me. Still, too much, I still get palpitations, but I can tolerate a lot more than the others.
Details from company
- Natural folate that supports the production and maintenance of new cells.
- Folate that supports the production and maintenance of new cells. Kirkman® offers folinic acid in 800 mcg capsules. Hypoallergenic. Gluten and casein free. Capsules are plant based. Ultra Tested®.
- Folinic acid (a.k.a. 5-formyl tetrahydrofolate) is one of the forms of folate, a water soluble B vitamin that occurs naturally in foods. Having enough folate in the body is a common problem due to food processing, food selection and gastrointestinal system problems.
- Biochemically in the body, folinic acid supports cellular perception and response, methylation processes and many enzymatic reactions. It is also linked to lower homocysteine levels, which support cardiovascular health.
- Folinic acid in the body can be converted into any of the other active forms of folate. Folic acid, the synthetic form of folinic acid, goes through a complicated biochemical process to be active in the body. Folinic acid is more readily bioavailable than folic acid; therefore, some individuals may respond better to it.
- Certified Feingold State 1
Calcium folinate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, and Vegetarian Capsule (hypromellose and water).
Where to find it
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/2SPe3xn
- Kirkman: https://www.kirkmangroup.com/folinic-acid-with-b-12-capsules-hypoallergenic.html
Update (Dec 2023), both Amazon and Kirkman are out-of-stock. The listing is still up on Kirkman, so hopefully they'll bring it back.
Throughout the site, products that can be purchased and found online may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and Share-A-Sale affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you. Learn how this site is funded.