4th & Heart Original Grass-Fed Ghee
Contributed by low-sal-life community member in: USA
Thoughts from Low-sal-life
This is a nice ghee. I generally prefer to use real butter, but for higher heat applications I like ghee. If I'm not going to use tallow or lard, this is next in line! The one I have came in glass, but it looks like the new version is in plastic. That shouldn't matter for salicylates - but just wanted to mention it. Ghee contains dairy still, but is clarified and had the milk solids (and proteins) removed. As a result, this is encouraged for keto, over butter because of the higher fat composition. Also, some dairy-sensitive people may be able to tolerate this better.
Details from company
- Upgrade Any Recipe: Easily replace your current butter, olive oil, coconut oil, or other cooking oil with ghee in a 1:1 ratio for a richer flavor and enhanced culinary experience.
- Diet-Friendly: A great addition to any diet, our ghee is Certified Keto, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Ayurvedic, Whole 30, and FODMAP friendly, catering to various dietary preferences and requirements.
- We Source the Best: Our lactose-free ghee is sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised, antibiotic, and hormone-free New Zealand cows, ensuring high-quality and environmentally conscious sourcing.
- No Shortcuts: Crafted the old-fashioned way, our ghee remains spreadable at room temperature, eliminating the need for refrigeration. Enjoy the convenience without compromising on quality.
- Helpful Note: Ghee may liquefy during shipping, but it will re-solidify within a few hours of refrigeration or overnight at room temperature, maintaining its original texture and quality.
- 100% Recyclable Plastic: Embracing sustainable packaging, we use 100% recyclable plastic, saying goodbye to bubble wrap and reducing our overall carbon footprint. It's the same beloved ghee with a commitment to environmental responsibility.
clarified butter (milk)