100% Pure All Natural Pork Lard
Contributed by low-sal-life community member in: USA
Thoughts from Low-sal-life
Growing up Latina, I knew lard was a staple. Wanting to make tamales (before I realized I was sal-sensitive) I picked up the two most popular brands: Armour and Morrell Lards - I was so surprised to see it was hydrogenated with all sorts of preservatives!
I now use this brand of lard (although I use tallow a little bit more). Animal fats can tolerate high heat cooking without changing chemical composition much, adds a great flavor, makes things crispy, and doesn't contain salicylates. This lard is also quite smooth (compared to tallow that can be gritty) and has no fragrance which makes it nice to rub on skin as a moisturizer.
Details from company
- Rendered From 100% Pure All Nature Pork Suet, The Best Grade of Pork Fat Available
- 100% Pure, No Additives or Preservatives, Gluten Free
- Ideal for Making Soaps, Skin Creams, Frying, Sautéing, Roasting, Grilling & Baking
- Rendered organic pork lard 1 Pound (16 scaled ounces), Unsurpassed quality- very waxy, odorless and pale. Pure Rendered Premium lard from the kidney fat (suet) of Organic raised is the only lard we offer.
- Fresh and Odorless, perfect For Cooking; Soap Making; Candle Making or Hand Made Cosmetics. Our Pure Pork Lard has not been bleached, deodorized, hydrogenated or altered. It's 100% pure, nothing added.
- Packed in food safe container, you get 1# of pure organic lard that's easy to measure and use It has a high smoke point of 400º (F) which makes it an excellent choice for all types of cooking including frying, sautéing, roasting, pan searing, grilling or baking.
- Pork Lard is highly stable and so refrigeration isn't required. We do recommend keeping it refrigerated if you have the space as it keeps it fresher longer and extends the product life.